Lactation Consultants and Breastfeeding Support
Lactation Partners are maternal child RNs and
lactation consultants with over 20 years experience
providing breastfeeding support and helping new families
during this life-changing time in the comfort of your home.
more about us
When to Call
Follow your instincts.
If you have concerns, call.
Questions? Call us at
Possible reasons for an in-home visit with a lactation consultant
- sore nipples
- latch pain or persistent pain during or after a feeding
- cracked or bleeding nipples
- engorged breasts or difficulty latching your baby since you became engorged
- babies with slow weight gain or significant weight loss
- babies who are sleepy at the breast but wake shortly after coming off the breast
- babies who are difficult to settle after feeding or seem to cry "all the time"
- babies who are premature and are having difficulty breastfeeding
- multiples—twins, triplets or more who need help "learning" how to breastfeed
- low milk supply
- babies who struggle at the breast often choking, coughing and pulling off
- worries about a strong let-down or over supply of milk
An in-home visit with a lactation consultant can provide breastfeeding support, but also address proper use of your breast pump as well as questions about returning to work and pumping.